Monday, April 12, 2010

LA Times Festival of Books 2010

IT'S FINALLY HERE! The biggest event of the year- the LA Festival of Books at the UCLA Campus! This year promises to be even bigger and better than usual, so we hope you can JOIN US! For a taste of what's in store, check out our photos and videos from last year! Also, check out this years Author List and let us know which authors you want to see!

Unfortunately, this year ABC cannot make this an official club event. However, many of the club members and officers are going so we hope you also attend and meet up with us there! A majority of us will be driving up on Sunday but let us know which day you plan to be there and we'll make sure to look for you.
WHEN: April 24 and 25
WHERE: UCLA
COST/TICKETS: Free! However, you need tickets for the indoor panels! They are free (but ticketmaster has a ~$1 transaction fee) but be sure to log on to ticketmaster on April 18th at 12pm to get them.
TRANSPORTATION: ABC cannot provide transportation because this IS NOT an official event. However, if you want to go and will have trouble getting there, contact us and we will get you in touch with someone who may be able to carpool!

For the first time, ABCers are going to collectively read a book by one of the authors at the Festival!! If you are going on Sunday, you all have a choice between any Meg Cabot's Airhead [her newest is called Runaway and is the 3rd in the Airhead series] (11am panel) and Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (12 pm panel). Most likely, it will be impossible to attend both panels so be sure to get panel tickets for the author you are reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey everyone!

    For those of you who want to go Saturday and need a ride, I can fit four others in my car. Let me know if you're planning to go or want to go Saturday and we can work out the details together. We'll find a way to get there!

    The panels I want to go to are Carol Burnett's, Meg Cabot's and Fiction: In Brief. I haven't decided yet if I want to go to all of them (because I believe there may be a time conflict with Burnett and Fiction: In Brief). There are authors who won't be holding panels but will be on the stages or in a booth doing a signing or discussion (for example, Megan Whalen Turner will be there at 4pm and R.L. Stine will do a reading on one of the stages).

    If you want to go to any of the Saturday panels and want me to get you a ticket, please let me know by this Saturday, APRIL 17. I will be ordering the tickets on Sunday.

    Saturday panels: http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/program-schedule/saturday-panels/

    Saturday stages: http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/program-schedule/saturday-stages/

    I'm guessing I'll head over around 9am and I'm staying for the Full Monty. May grab dinner somewhere nearby =)

    Please let me know if you're going! And if you need a ride or want me to get you panel tickets, let me know by Friday. My email is jjavier@uci.edu. Find me on Facebook too!

    ReplyDelete